Friday, December 30, 2011

Ageless...

Okay, time to come clean... Most of my family just don't get geocaching, in fact they find it all a bit strange!
Well, today I took Mum to a funeral in Owaka, and on the way back I introduced her to geocaching and SHE GETS IT!  In fact she LOVED it!  We had three finds, two at Pounawea, where I dropped off a dolphin travel bug and one at Port Molyneux where we picked up a rubber ducky triplet from Brazil!


At the landing at Pounawea we had to wait for a shepherd moving his flock, to avoid getting muggled!!  Very country!



http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=ec3340f3-a91b-4176-91dc-adfbbc60361b
When I logged this trackable, we were amazed that the theme song for the ducky was the last song at the funeral - very poignant!
We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when ... but I know we'll meet again some sunny day ! 
So I am taking the little ducky up to lake Dunstan, then putting it in a cache to try and get it to Queenstown and out on it's journey back to Brazil for it's reunion!
I am so impressed at Mum's excitement and enthusiasm for this past-time and am looking forward to another caching session with her!  She even took time to weed the garden at the rest area in Port Molyneux!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... tell us what you are thinking and share any caching insights you possibly can with us! :)