Thursday, December 22, 2011

Defining Caching...

Anne and I have found a fun way to target fitness with a spot of caching being the motivator... Tonight while we were on skype planning a short brisk circuit around 6 caches another friend skyped in asking what I was up to tomorrow... When I told her we were down on a beach tomorrow morning she warned me about the seals that are currently hanging around and asked me why on earth I was down there at that time...

The explanation I offered was -
 
forgot about the seals... the whole thing is really quite bizarre... An adult somewhere takes the correct caching protocol to log a cache virtually online. In real space this might be a lunch box, a plumbing pipe or an eclipse container in a real location. 






Inside is a notebook for people to sign and some cachers exchange "treasures" like badges, or souvenirs... Some even hide a tag and mascot that is traveling the world and relies on people to pick it up and move it to another cache... It really is an adult treasure hunt...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... tell us what you are thinking and share any caching insights you possibly can with us! :)